Customer Privacy Notice
What this Notice covers
First Home Improvements is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data.
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect and process the data we hold relating to you.
First Home Improvements (England) Ltd is a data controller for any personal information that you provide to the company, which means it is responsible for determining how information relating to you is processed, stored, and shared, as applicable.
Categories of personal data we process
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Your name, address, and full contact details; including telephone numbers and email addresses.
- Your employment status, salary, and homeowner status in relation to any finance application.
- Details relating to your property and its location and proximity to conservation areas.
- Marketing consent records and removal requests.
- Recording of telephone calls received or made by the company.
- CCTV recordings of individuals visiting any of its company offices or showrooms.
- Records relating to handling and responding to customer complaints.
- Sensitive Personal Information in extremely rare circumstances may be required in connection with handling complaints or concerns relating to a person’s legal capacity and/ or to assess vulnerability claims.
Sources of personal data
We collect personal information relating to you directly from you. On rare occasions, the company may also collect information from recognised third parties whom the customer has identified and explicitly provided their written authorisation for this company to engage with on their behalf or as their legal proxy.
Our lawful bases for processing your data
We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To perform or enforce our contractual obligations to you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- As required by UK law.
Our purposes for processing your data
Administration and performance of our contract with you to supply and provide the goods and services specified on our order.
To provide you with a sales quotation and details of all available payment methods options which you could use to pay for your order.
If application, to process an application for finance.
Keeping you informed and issuing marketing information about other products and services offered by the company.
In connection with the transference of any product warranty to a named third party.
Sensitive Personal Data
There may be instances where it is necessary for you to share information with us containing special categories of personal information or ‘sensitive personal data’. This relates to things such as details of medical conditions which you may need to share with us, so we are able to meet your specific requirements when providing our goods and services.
Due to the sensitive nature of this information, we will only take it from you if you have given us your explicit consent and it is necessary for us to do so. We will also inform you of what we will do with this information and who we will share it with.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer/device. It enables our website to identify your device as you view different pages on our website, but they do not identify you personally as they contain no personal information about you.
Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package to improve the website structure, design, content, and functions for our customers.
Test or trial customer content on our website.
Store information about your preferences and choice so you are shown relevant and applicable information when you return to our website in the future.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit website: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Who has access to your data
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the contract(s) we have entered with you, or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Recipients of your data may include third-party service providers, other related business entities, a regulator, or to otherwise comply with the law.
If you choose to fund your purchase with us using one of the finance products we offer to our customers as a credit broker on behalf of lenders, we will share your data with the relevant lender, so they are able to process your finance application.
Where we do so, we will require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Security of your data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How we decide how long to retain your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or contractual requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and any applicable legal or contractual requirements, including for the duration of any product warranties provided.
You have the right to:
- Request access to, and a copy of, your personal information that we hold.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you if you believe it is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Request erasure of your personal information in specific circumstances, such as if our processing of your personal information is based upon legitimate interests and you believe it is no longer necessary; or if you believe we have processed your personal data unlawfully or not for the purposes which it was intended.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request to restrict the processing of your personal information in specific circumstances, such as; you have requested that your personal information is corrected and want to restrict processing whilst we correct it; where you believe our processing is unlawful but do not want us to erase your personal information; where we no longer need to store your personal information but you require us to do so to enable you to exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Data Portability in particular circumstances meaning that you can request for your personal information to be securely moved, copied, or transferred from our IT environment to another. This only applies if our lawful basis for processing your data is consent or performance of a contract, and we are processing your data by automated means.
If you believe we have not complied with your rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner by visiting their website https://ico.org.uk/.
Automated decision-making & Profiling
We do not conduct any automated decision-making or profiling activities.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The Company reserves the right to update this privacy notice at any time. You can request the most up to date version from us at any time by contacting us on the contact details below. Please contact us if you have any issues or enquiry relating to this notice.
Special offers: Big Savings – Save up to 30% OFF, backed by our Price Promise!